Dr. Wishneff believes in a comprehensive approach to your oral health.
Our initial evaluation includes:
- Review your medical and dental history
- Clarify your concerns, wants and expectations and/or problems
- Oral cancer examination
- Tooth examination to check for decay, cracks, wear etc.
- Comprehensive gum inspection to check for disease
- Condition (quality, quantity and ronecession level) of gum tissue
- Measurement of mobility or looseness, another sign of problems
- Are fillings or crowns causing gum irritation?
Temporomandibular joint orthopedic examination
- Palpation (pressing with finger tips) to check for inflammation
- Range of motion tests to check jaw movements
Muscle examination (sore muscles can be a cause of headaches and jaw fatigue)
- Palpation (pressing) of all muscle groups both within and outside the mouth for any signs of discomfort or tension
Occlusal (bite) examination (bite problems can be a cause dental failures)
- Check if all teeth touch equally
- Check how teeth meet when jaw moves in all directions
- Full mouth series, 18 views, to show decay, infection, bone condition
- Panoramic showing entire upper and lower jaw and TMJs